Or Jules for short. Nope, my name isn't Scarlet! Ok, so why Scarlet Roots then?
When I started my business, I figured that "Julianne Lesinski" would be a mouthful and boatload of spelling errors for my poor clients. For two years, I tried to think of a name to match my fiery passion for photography and capturing love. That's when Scarlet Roots was born!
Scarlet (which happens to be my favorite name) - like the hue: fiery, passionate, the color of love - it was perfect.
Roots - I was laying down my roots. Photography is the foundation of my life!
Sometimes I get letters or emails addressed to Scarlet - we joke that she's my alter-ego ;) I'm like Batman, but a little cooler. And I definitely like wedding cake more than him.
You’re here! You made it! Probably because you’re on the hunt for a wedding photographer that will
create awesome wedding photos for you. Personally, I believe you deserve that and SO much more.
I believe that you deserve beautiful wedding photos,
and an experience that leaves you feeling loved & cared for.
I take pride in getting to know each and everyone of my couples so that I can capture your relationship in its truest form. I care that you feel comfortable & at ease while you’re in front of my camera. No award prom posing, or stiff smiles. Just the two of you, as you are.
I care about your vision, all the little details you’ve so carefully picked out, and all the tearjerking moments that cannot be reproduced. I care about your wedding day running smoothly, and I’m here to guide you through it all because chances are - you’ve never done this before! So sit back, relax - & let’s get this party started!
You can totally count on me to:
Be your personal dress fluffer.
Become BFF's with grandma.
Strike a pose with you.
Contort my body in the
name of an amazing photo.
Ugly cry while you recite your vows.
Demolish all the kids in
a "flossing" battle.
"JULES' INNER LIGHT SHINES MOST WHEN SHE IS FINDING THE LIGHT WITHIN THOSE SHE PHOTOGRAPHS. SHE MAKES PEOPLE LAUGH AND SMILE AND IS TRULY ENGAGED."
7 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT JULES
1) I've had a lifetime Hello Kitty obsession... and cats in general. Some of my friends even call me Kitty (not that I don't have enough names already)
2) I'm a rogue baker: I can make cookies without a recipe and they still turn out great. Although I really only do it for the dough.
3) I could eat Mexican and margs every day of my life. #goals
4) I'm obsessed with my handsome man Avi's curly hair... and he doesn't even use product!!! Are you kidding me!
5) Speaking of Avi, we live in a tiny apartment together in charming, historic Beacon Hill in Boston with our 17 plant children.
6) I'm a frequent flier and Airbnb lover - exploring local cultures all over the world is my JAM. Israel, Hawaii, Iceland, Jordan, Cuba, Spain... friends, get TSA Pre-Check and Global Entry. GAME CHANGER!
7) I have a lot of energy (like a golden retriever) so I have to run it out and move my body. I ran track in college and love running every day still.
NOW THAT YOU KNOW A BIT MORE ABOUT ME,
LET'S POP OVER TO THE WEDDING GALLERIES!
Follow along on Instagram to see my latest work!