Or Jules for short. Nope, my name isn't Scarlet! Ok, so why Scarlet Roots then?
When I started my business, I figured that "Julianne Lesinski" would be a mouthful and boatload of spelling errors for my poor clients. For two years, I tried to think of a name to match my fiery passion for photography and capturing love. That's when Scarlet Roots was born!
Scarlet (which happens to be my favorite name) - like the hue: fiery, passionate, the color of love - it was perfect.
Roots - I was laying down my roots. Photography is the foundation of my life!
Sometimes I get letters or emails addressed to Scarlet - we joke that she's my alter-ego ;) I'm like Batman, but a little cooler. And I definitely like wedding cake more than him.
There's something magical about a wedding day, sort of like Christmas morning. After working in commercial photography for years, I entered the wedding world by accident. On the wedding day, I had the most fun I had EVER had while working. I laughed. I cried. I danced. When I left, my cheeks were sore from smiling. It was so special being surrounded by love and happiness on the most monumental day in this couple's lives - and I got to document that joy. THAT'S why I do what I do. Every day is brand new. Every couple has their own legacy to leave, and I'm so excited to be your family's storyteller.
You can totally count on me to:
Be your personal dress fluffer.
Become BFF's with grandma.
Strike a pose with you.
Contort my body in the
name of an amazing photo.
Ugly cry while you recite your vows.
Demolish all the kids in
a "flossing" battle.
"JULES' INNER LIGHT SHINES MOST WHEN SHE IS FINDING THE LIGHT WITHIN THOSE SHE PHOTOGRAPHS. SHE MAKES PEOPLE LAUGH AND SMILE AND IS TRULY ENGAGED."
7 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT JULES
1) I've had a lifetime Hello Kitty obsession... and cats in general. Some of my friends even call me Kitty (not that I don't have enough names already)
2) I'm a rogue baker: I can make cookies without a recipe and they still turn out great. Although I really only do it for the dough.
3) I could eat Mexican and margs every day of my life. #goals
4) I'm obsessed with my handsome man Avi's curly hair... and he doesn't even use product!!! Are you kidding me!
5) Speaking of Avi, we live in a tiny apartment together in charming, historic Beacon Hill in Boston with our 17 plant children.
6) I'm a frequent flier and Airbnb lover - exploring local cultures all over the world is my JAM. Israel, Hawaii, Iceland, Jordan, Cuba, Spain... friends, get TSA Pre-Check and Global Entry. GAME CHANGER!
7) I have a lot of energy (like a golden retriever) so I have to run it out and move my body. I ran track in college and love running every day still.